- Spokesman Review - Beauty in a Dark Time
- New York Times | Pastors Go Green
- Seattle Times Newspaper
- God Complex Radio Interview
- The Humane Society Recommended Books
- RELEVANT Magazine - July/August 2011 Summer Reading Guide
- Fuller Focus Magazine Spring 2011
- The Humane Society of the United States
- The Inlander - Faith on a Plate
- The High Calling
- Doug Pagitt Radio
- Homebrewed Christianity podcast
- CNN Belief Blog
- Spokane Coeur d'Alene Living Magazine
- Christian Science Monitor
- NPR | Locavore or Globavore: The Debate Over Local Food
- PBS | Health Matters: Television for Life
- Presbyterians Today Magazine
- Green Bluff Growers | Food Preservation
- NPR | Community Gardens and Churches
- Spokesman Review | Farmers markets put churches in quandary
- Farmers Market Coalition | Grassroots Advocacy in Washington State: A Success Story
- The Fig Tree
- Spokesman Review | Journey for Local Food
- Spokesman Review | Year of Lessons
On October 4, 2013 I was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma and spent a year wading through the existential jungles of chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery.
With the cancer now in remission and the assurance of at least a few more years ahead I want to take my diverse interests in parish ministry, writing, and photography and pursue them as an integrated vocation. This site is a meeting place for this three-fold calling.
I am a graduate of the University of Washington with a degree in business marketing but I was born in Pullman to Washington State Cougar parents. I have Master of Divinity and Doctor of Ministry degrees from Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California.
I serve on the boards of Second Harvest Inland Northwest, a regional hunger-relief non-profit, and Plant With Purpose, an international rural development NGO based in San Diego that works in Haiti, Central America, Asia, and Africa.
Here are some details on my three-fold vocation:
Pastor: I have been involved in some form of church ministry for 25 years, 17 of those as an ordained pastor. I currently serve Millwood Presbyterian in the west valley of Spokane. We just completed construction of the Millwood Community Center on the campus of the church. We're doing our best to flesh out the words of the prophet Jeremiah who writes, "Seek the welfare and peace of the community God has called you to."
Photographer: I am a self-taught photographer who specializes in regional images of the Pacific Northwest, night skies, and fine-art landscapes. My photos are available for purchase at www.craiggoodwinphoto.com. I'm active on Flickr and Instagram where I would love to connect. All the photos on this site are from my portfolio of images.