Go to landshare.net to see a wonderful idea beginning to unfold in the UK. They are setting up a network of people looking for land to grow vegetables, and others who have land they are willing to make available. It's kind of a Facebook meets sharecropping initiative. It's couchsurfing for gardeners.
Here are the benefits they believe will result from this endeavor:
• access healthier food
• reduce their food bills
• reduce their carbon footprint
• increase this country’s food security
• build greater community spirit
• take more pride in their local environment
• be more active and healthy
• have a lot of fun!
It is an idea with much potential. Thanks William for the link